driverless.global is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
driverless.global may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on March 21st 2020
What is our Legal Basis for processing your personal data?:
Consent – You consent to give us your clear, informed agreement to process your personal data. This is given on an opt-in basis.
What we collect:
A large part of our site is based on Business and event Listing, although we do show a limited number of personal profiles, we primarily aim to list companies, business profiles, products and services, rather than individuals.
For those choosing to contact us or make a listing, we may collect, but only ever with your absolute consent, the following information:
• Your name and email address, whenever you send us an enquiry or a listing request.
• Other information, such as, Job title, Company name, Location, URL, Company overview, Events details and dates.
• Paypal email address, should you wish to create a paid business listing or place a paid advert.
• Images and logos that you may send us to publish on your requested listing or article.
When you send us your data via our web forms, for our various listing services, we log the time, date and your IP address. This gives us a clear record of the details of your contact and requested service.
We will only ever collect the bare minimum amount of personal or any other information, with your absolute agreement, that will enable you to acheive an effective listing on our site.
What we do with the information we gather:
• Firstly, we will use your submitted details that you may enter on our enquiry web contact form, to respond to your enquiry and for ongoing matters related to that enquiry, as necessary.
• If your enquiry is a request to add a business listing, an events listing, or an article listing, we will enter your requested information on to our relevant listings pages.
• There is also a facility for our visitors to create an account and add / edit their own business listing, events listing, article listings, via a password protected interface.
• Should you choose to create a paid business listing, we will use Paypal as our Payment processor. What is extremely important to us, is that by using Paypal, it means that we do not hold any financial or bank details whatsoever about our listing clients. Paypal also offers Buyer Protection, Fraud Protection and Data Encryption on every transaction. We believe that Paypal offers one of the most secure ways to protect your financial data.
• We will send you occasional emails of possible interest, but only if you tell us we can do this, by way of a dedicated subscription to our basic mailing list, using a seperate form, with a specific opt in request.
How long do we keep the information that you supply to us?:
For General enquiries -
We hold your name and email address, only for the time required for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. Should ongoing communications develop, we will keep your contact information for as long as required, by mutual agreement.
For Business Listings -
We will hold your information for as long as you require the listing, or until you instruct us to remove the listing.
For Events Listings -
We will continue to hold your event information, even after the event expires, as archived event listings do help with ongoing SEO rankings for our visitors business profiles. We will always remove archived event lisiting information on request.
For Articles submitted by you -
We hold your information for as long as the article remains on the website, or until you instruct us to remove the article.
For Mailing list subscriptions -
We hold your details for as long as you remain subscribed to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time and your removal request will be dealt with promptly and no longer than 7 days.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal data and any other information that you supply to us, is totally secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer or other mobile or handheld device (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’), when you visit certain web pages.
Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable you to shop with us online. Cookies are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers, both on this website and elsewhere. The information collected by cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
You can find out how to manage and/or delete cookies at this page:
What do cookies do?
Cookies do lots of different things, like letting you navigate between pages effectively, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website.
It is possible that certain parts of a website may not work correctly withought some cookies being set. These issues can be of a minor nature or occasionally can prevent key site functions from working correctly.
Some other examples of what cookies can do include:
saving the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through the checkout process;
Remembering your account log in details so you can see information relating to your orders and manage your account;
Recording the areas of our website that you have visited and for how long, as well as which products you viewed and purchased. We use this information to help us improve our website so that it is easy to use and so we can improve the services we provide to our customers. It also helps us to recommend relevant products and offers on our website.
Are cookies safe?
Yes cookies are 100% safe. Cookies do not harm your computer, they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally and they do not contain any confidential information, such as your email address or payment details.
Youtube and cookies
Wherever possible, we will enable Privacy-enhanced mode – This means that the URL changes from www.youtube.com to a subdomain www.youtube-nocookie.com . This means that Youtube will not set a cookie on your device, but google may still do so.
You can read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page:
Vimeo and cookies
You can read more at Vimeos privacy page at www.vimeo.com/privacy
Affiliate Links and cookies
We sometimes show products and services, that can be purchased through a link, that if clicked, takes our visitors to an external company website, who will then process any such product or service requirement . The type of links that we place for these products and services are known as affiliate links. The companies who process the required products or services, will then place a cookie or cookies on our visitors device(s). The cookie(s) enables the product or service processor to access the affiliate link, in order to monetize the product(s) or service(s) that the affiliates are promoting.
We currently place affiliate links for the following company products and services:
Any cookies that are placed as above, can be removed in the same way as for all cookies, as described below.
- To stop or allow Cookies, you can use our Cookie manager here:
or If you need other instructions on how to delete cookies from your browser, Please visit this page - How to delete cookies
Google Analytics and IP address anonymization
We have activated Google Analytics IP address anonymization. This anonymizes the IP address as soon as technically feasible at the earliest possible stage of the collection network.
A more detailed explanation of the IP anonymization feature is as follows. When activated, the feature sets the last octet of IPv4 user IP addresses and the last 80 bits of IPv6 addresses to zeros in memory shortly after being sent to the Analytics Collection Network. The full IP address is never written to disk in this case.
For those interested in code, to anonymize the IP address we use the
set command to set the
anonymizeIp field to
true on the tracker as highlighted in the source code extract below, which is present and active on every site page at driverless.global :
<!-- BEGIN Advanced Google Analytics - http://deconf.com/advanced-google-analytics-joomla/ -->
ga('create', 'UA-115064939-1', 'auto');
ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);
<!-- END Advanced Google Analytics -->
To find out how you can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit
Links to other websites
Our website directory model means that we do host many links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
• We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties, unless we have your absolute permission or are required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, such as subscribing to our basic mailing list, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us at https://driverless.global/resources/personal-data/leave-mailing-list or you can email us with your request at mail (at) driverless (dot) global. Your request will be actioned within 7 days.
• You may also request the following:
- Request access and a copy of any data we may hold about you - Click here for details
- Request a data correction request, if you feel that we hold incorrect details about you - Click here for details
- Request to be forgotten and have all the data that we hold about you erased - Click here for details
- Let us know if you think there has been a breach of your personal data - Click here for details
You can also view the above links on our personal data management page here ....>>>
For some of the above requests, there will be a seperate identity confirmation process required, prior to any personal data being released or changed. This will be advised and sent to you following your request.
You can also contact us in writing, with a request for any personal data that we hold about you, to be sent to you by the regular postal service. If you choose this option, we will also require proof of your identity, before we can process any changes. We will send you the necessary forms and details, should you choose this option. There will be a small charge for this service.
Our Mailing Address is: