|Driverless.global Jobs & Events Listing Services-2|
Electra Meccanica is a start-up company based in Vancouver developing unique and exciting electric vehicles for the 21st century. We have partnered with Intermeccanica, a company with 50+ years of automotive manufacturing excellence to produce a commuter car that is environmentally friendly, fun to drive, and accessible to the consumer.
We are now seeking a mechanical engineer to join our lean and agile team. This role reports to the Head of Engineering. The engineer will use expertise to design and deliver systems, not just a group of components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The engineer will use strong analytical and organization skills, approach problems from a first principals’ perspective and deliver with great attention to detail. At Electra Meccanica superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and individuals carry significant responsibility.
• Work on initial concept, to design development and release of vehicle component and system targets based on function, cost, weight and investment
• Establish system architecture and functional feasibility
• Lead integration with cross functional teams collaborating with Manufacturing Engineering and Procurement groups to ensure manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
• Design automotive component parts in NX 11.0 and complex 3D surface models for structural components and hardware
• Complete and release components, sub-system and detail designs, using a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required
• Collaborate with key suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events
• Ensure product conforms to all market regulations governing assigned systems • Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 4 plus years of experience in automotive product design or engineering, from concept through release and launch for production
• Technical expertise with current manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements, craftsmanship and performance targets
• Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
• Proficiency with NX 11.0, Finite Element Analysis tools and other simulation tools like Matlab or Simulink
• Ideally a minimum of 1 full automotive development life cycle, through design, development, release and launch
• Willing to pitch in and get your hands dirty
• As many of our vendors are overseas fluency in Mandarin would be an asset
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.