|Driverless.global Jobs & Events Listing Services|
Linaro - Technical Lead - Autonomous Vehicle
Linaro was established in June 2010 by six founding corporate members, and we now count 35+ members and 300+ engineers world-wide.
Linaro leads open source software collaboration in the Arm ecosystem, ranging from datacenter to edge computing and networking, IoT client devices and smartphones.
The Linaro joint collaboration focuses on identifying and addressing gaps/optimizations in the ARM software ecosystem, enabling SoC support upstream and making the Arm architecture a first class open source citizen on par with other architectures in the most relevant open source projects.
Linaro is building a major initiative to provide the best in class autonomous vehicle software components and architecture, leveraging IP and SoCs from the Arm ecosystem. Whilst practical experience with an autonomous driving frameworks such as Apollo or Autoware would be ideal, experience of autonomous vehicles and / or robots would also be beneficial. The ideal candidate will have direct experience of creating software for vehicles, mixing safety critical and non-safety critical code. Linaro is an open source based organisation, so the role demands experience in upstreaming code, posting patches up to acceptance through successful technical discussion as well as social engineering with open source community maintainers. The candidate may already be a maintainer of an open source project.
International travel is required for approximately 1 week duration up to 4 times per year to attend Linaro Connect events as well as engineering sprints or public conferences in North America, Europe and Asia (especially China).
• Excellent software development skills in C++ & Python.
• Comfortable developing with Linux & Git.
• Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills.
• Desirable to have experience of hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
• Strong mathematical skills including linear algebra and numerical methods.
• Understanding of ISO26262
• Experience developing complex/distributed systems
• Experience working with typical vehicle communication protocols/interfaces: CAN, CANFD, LIN, MOST, LVDS, Automotive Ethernet, etc.
• Experience in systems integration, vehicle testing, and vehicle launch is a plus
• Probabilistic data fusion
• Sensor based localization
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Manipulation of large-scale map data sets
• Automotive/electrical/mechanical engineering with experience in automotive and/or robotics motion controls, and vehicle dynamics
• Experience in analyzing complex dynamic systems and designing control algorithms to meet performance targets
• Familiarity with industrial and scientific simulators and their software architecture
• Familiarity with autonomous driving, including path planning and vehicle motion planning, sensing and perception challenges
• Experience in developing and implementing safety-critical functions related to fault handling, state management, and system redundancy
• Familiarity with GPU technology, image processing, and computer vision
• Experience in automotive or aerospace software development
• Experience with automotive sensors
• Experience in developing ASIL compliant software
• Experience using data analysis tools (e.g. Matlab) to visualize and understand experiment data
• Supporting sensor fusion research and developmental efforts in automated vehicle technologies
• Any experience with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and semi-autonomous vehicle development of sensor fusion and tracking algorithms.
• Implementing sensor related algorithms for production intent using C