Electra Meccanica is a start-up company based in Vancouver developing unique and exciting electric vehicles for the 21st century. They now seek a Final Assembly Technician to be a part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
Electra Meccanica is a start-up company based in Vancouver developing unique and exciting electric vehicles for the 21st century. We have partnered with Intermeccanica, a company with 50+ years of automotive manufacturing excellence to produce a commuter car that is environmentally friendly, fun to drive, and accessible to the consumer.
Our EV assembly and R&D facility in New Westminster needs automotive assembly technicians. This is a fantastic opportunity to be apart of the new upcoming electric vehicle industry. You will be a part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment. As such, you should be prepared to perform a variety of tasks and be able to learn and adapt quickly.
Responsibilities will include:
• Final and/or sub assembly of electric vehicles
• Mechanical assembly of various components and sub-components
• Work with the engineers to resolve technical and mechanical issues for current and new product development
• Work with engineers to resolve after-market technical and mechanical issues
• Other tasks and duties
• Keen interest in the product building built
• Ability to work independently in pursuit of both quality and production timeline targets
• Experience working on cars (essential)
• Familiarity with electric vehicles (asset)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Have valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Facility has easy transit access and is located about 7 minutes on foot from the Braid Station Skytrain.
• *All tools and safety equipment shop provided, no personal tools required.
If you are interested in working for a fast-paced start-up, as well as one of the few automotive manufacturers in Canada, Electra Meccanica may be the place for you. Not only will you experience production of our flagship car, the SOLO, but will assist in assembly for other R&D projects based out of our facility.
To indicate that you have read this posting in full, please include the phrase “I really like cars” at the very top of your response.