Software Engineer - Tesla Fremont
The Tesla Finance team is transforming how people purchase automotive and energy products. Our team is composed of architects, product managers, business analysts, UX designers, and full stack software engineers, working together to create elegant solutions to complex problems. We run lean, move quickly and pride ourselves on accelerating Tesla from start-up to scaled enterprise without losing our scrappy spirit.
We are currently seeking a Python Engineer to join our team. You are highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and love to try new things and do them well. You will be part of a small application development team – so you must be a problem solver, a fast learner, and comfortable wearing many hats. You enjoy a challenge, finding elegant solutions to complex problems, and thrive under pressure of high visibility deadlines.
You will build and maintain features and tools to support the Tesla website http://www.tesla.com and related projects to support sales and manufacturing of Models S, X, 3, as well as our energy and solar products.
Specifically, you will be building out the next generation product and pricing catalogs for all Tesla products.
- B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years’ experience writing clean, standards based code in consumer-facing web applications
- Fundamental web technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, and JSON) are second nature
- Familiarity with open source development workflow using GIT, Fork, Pull Requests, and branches
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies
- Experience with testing and automation tools
- Experience working with data—lots of it—and building robust, scalable applications to manage and leverage it
- Expert knowledge in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (e.g. Django, Flask, etc.)
- Knowledge of ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Writing and managing REST APIs is nearly second nature
- Experience with various data storage solutions (e.g. MySQL, Mongo, Redis, etc.), and knowledge of when and why to use one over the other
- Experience integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Virtualenv and pip are great, but you know and leverage the power of container systems like Docker as much as possible